Friday, September 7, 2018

Latin Inspired - Hummus, Pico de Gallo, and Open-Faced Tacos


Cooking with Glenn and Kati
Latin Inspired - Hummus, Pico de Gallo, and Open-Faced Tacos


We are a dad and daughter who enjoy cooking together! For our second episode of Cooking with Glenn and Kati we are cooking a Latin inspired meal. We hope you will join us on our culinary journey. In addition to this blog, you can find Cooking with Glenn and Kati on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and on our Gurley Family Cookbook at PBWorks. This is our second behind-the-scenes look at our video. On this blog, we go into deeper detail and focus on recipe segments. Feel free to share any segments you feel your friends may enjoy!

Hummus

Hummus Recipe

For years I have made fresh hummus. It is so easy to make and very inexpensive compared to the cost of prepared varieties at stores. It is easily altered to accommodate your taste preferences. For example I like sesame seed oil and light garlic and Kati uses extra virgin olive oil and heavy garlic.  

Pico de Gallo

For several years I have made Pico de Gallo with fresh produce from my garden. I grow onions, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes. For this episode, I had to buy cilantro since it has already gone to seed. My grandchildren eat it with chips about as fast as I can make it. I learned years ago to make it fresh and not make it early and refrigerate since the tomato's taste changes when cooled. You can't go wrong with this recipe!


Open-Faced Tacos
  

Kati enjoyed her first open-face taco during a social at her work. She loved it and wanted her dad to enjoy them. I remember frying my first tortilla chips in the late 1980s for a local science conference I headed at W.C. Friday Junior High. Since then I have fried them for family meals. Join us as we complete this meal and enjoy it at the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment