Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Veggies and Cottage Cheese and Egg-in-a-Hole


Cooking with Glenn and Kati
Veggies and Cottage Cheese and Egg-in-a-Hole 

We are a dad and daughter who enjoy cooking together! For this premiere episode of Cooking with Glenn and Kati we transitioned from our frequent eating out together to eating in, cooking our own meal. We had so much fun with this video that we decided that every week we will share new recipes on our YouTube channel, describing them in this blog. We hope you will join us on our culinary journey. In addition to this blog, you can find Cooking with Glenn and Kati on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and on our Gurley Family Cookbook at PBWorks

I have a small urban farm consisting of several raised beds and ten chickens. We will use fresh eggs and produce that I grow in many of our recipes.  

We record our weekly time preparing for our meal together using a GoPro camera. This is our first video making an Egg-in-a-Hole  and some veggies mixed with cottage cheese. I remember when mom would make me an egg-in-a-hole and how Robin (my late wife) and I would make them for Betsy (my older daughter) and Kati. Now I make them several times a week for the grandkids. This meal is super easy, cheap, and delicious. I will include the timestamp for each recipe below the video.

Veggies and Cottage Cheese 4:10
Egg-in-a-Hole 7:20


The dishes used in this episode were purchased in 1976 at the World's Largest Attic Sale in Charlotte, NC. After my dad saw this video, he gave me this badge that he wore when working a booth for the Metro Center that year at the Merchandise Mart. It was amazing to see all the second-hand treasures for sale that weekend. We bought the set pictured below for for $5; it's a place setting for two. After some research, we found that they were designed by Mary Alice Hadley in the mid 20th century. I linked a video about the process used in making these dishes.



 YouTube Video about the Dishes







No comments:

Post a Comment